Wednesday 3 July 2013

Oil Banishing Base Wardrobe




As a particularly oily skinned gal, i have on rotation a collection of great-for-oily-skin bases that i like to wear day to day. I think of it as a sort of face base wardrobe.
So here are my current favourites, day and night.




Daytime
Lancome (left)
This is my go to for medium glowy coverage during the day, that doesn't build up like an oil slick. As its oil-free, its ticks my boxes.


L'oreal Lumi Magic (middle)
Although this has the word 'lumi' in the name, which would usually have me running for the hills, I find it to be a lot less oily than its ancestor the true match.


Garnier bb cream Oil Free (right)
This is probably my most repurchased item, ever. A light to medium coverage, oil free bb cream that covers particularly well and leaves a nice skin like finish on the skin. Winner.




Evening
Smashbox Studio Skin
Although a little more matte than I usually reach for, this base is perfect for a long and hot night out. Pretty much transfer resistant, even with a dance floor sweat going on, its a favourite of mine.

Bobbi Brown Long Wear
The new version of my all time favourite and greatly missed natural finish, is the long wear. Not dewey nor matte, it has a skin like finish that sets like paint and wont come off until you want it to. but not really even then..

Laura Mercier Silk Creme
This little beauty is just. uhh. With an ever so slightly dream matte mousse like texture, it blends on like an absolute dream, giving off an airbrushed finish. Come to mama.






No comments:

Post a Comment