Wednesday 10 July 2013

Polish Parade

My nails and I have a particularly love hate relationship- that being when I take a trip to the nail salon I love them, and in general they hate me. Le sigh. 

So in aid of all things polished, I decided to cut the fakery and embrace the natural nail.. so far so good, and with this in mind here are my must haves for an at home manicure, and my tried and tested colours. Aren't I nice?

First up, nail file. Now I for one am terrified of having my nails filed, nothing makes me cringe more than that nails on the chalkboard feeling. So over the years I've been using my trustee crystal nail file, a worthy investment as they never loose their grit! 

Next comes the cuticles. Sally Hanson brings it in this department, however any cuticle gel will suffice. Push them back with a cuticle pusher, I love the kiss set from boots. 

Now for the boring layer of the polished cake. Base coat. Groans. Although it may seem unnecessary, a good base good is essential to keeping your polish smooth and chip-free. The Sticky Base Coat (CND) is a dream.

Next the best part. Polish. Pick your fave and swipe away, simple. 

Lastly, top coat. Now you've heard me mention this before, but it requires another, trust me. Seche vite, I love you. Swiped across the finished look, if seals, shines and dries in an instant. What's not to love? 

Add a little hand cream if you have a tendency for dry hands, the caudalie one is fab (and smells like orange ice lollies) and voila, perfect talons off you go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment